Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy is a punishing climbing game, a homage to Jazzuo’s 2002 B-Game classic ‘Sexy Hiking’. You move the hammer with the mouse, and that’s all there is. With practice, you’ll be able to jump, swing, climb, and fly. Great mysteries and a wonderful reward await the master hikers who reach the top of the mountain. To quote Jazzuo himself: “The hiking action is very similar to the way you would do it in real life, remember that and you will do well”.
You are your own worst enemy in this game. The moment that you start to panic and let your arm tense up from the sheer stress of trying to hold onto that bloody ledge is when the mouse starts to fight you back and you start bouncing about with that damn hammer like a monkey with a firecracker up it’s butt.
The importance of staying absolutely calm while playing this rage fueling monstrosity cannot be understated! Blindly hammering and jumping towards your goal after you’ve just spent 20 minutes getting back to the spot you were last at is only going to send you hurtling right back to the bottom of the mountain, tearing your hair out at the jerkiness of the controls when actually if you had just stayed calm and looked at the obstacle, you would see that the controls are actually your best friend.
Features of Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy:
- Climb up an enormous mountain with nothing but a hammer and a pot.
- Listen as I make philosophical observations about the problem at hand.
- Between 2 and ∞ hours of agonizing gameplay, depending. The median time to finish for my playtesters was 5 hours, but the mean was closer to ∞.
- Feel new types of frustration you didn’t know you were capable of.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista
- Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core CPU
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 2 GB available space